Movement is a big part of human life and history and there is no reason to stop it. With modern developing techniques and we have found numerous ways to make our life easier and when it comes to moving, we have a huge area of options to choose. Packing your household items for a move to a new place needs a lot of hard work. Especially, when you trying to pack all your stuff in boxes. This process of packing becomes more difficult when you own some precious antiques and artwork. You have to make special preparations when you have delicate items and you have to keep a check and special attention on these items to move them safely and in good conditions to your new place.
You only need to find the best tips and suggestions to pack your precious antiques and artwork to guarantee to keep their sentimental and financial value. When you have planned to move to your new place and you have a house full of antiques, you need a safe place to keep your precious collections secure. Paintings and antiques are the costly items of your house and you should take a good care of them in a proper way. When your art work is hung on the wall they will not face any serious damage but during your move from one place to another, if you don’t pack them carefully they can face a serious damage.
There is no shortage of facilities for your fine art collections; you only have to do a good research work. But, if you don’t know what to look for and don’t do a good research then it will be difficult for you to take care of your precious collection of art and antiques. Art & antique collections are more delicate and if they are damaged they cannot be replaced. Packing your collections correctly can lower the risk of damage. This is the reason that paintings, other art work, and antiques need to be packed and handled with apt care during the time of your move to a new place.
Here are a few things you should look for when planning to move to a new place and want to keep your precious items safe.
- Firstly, you should remove your artwork from the wall very carefully and keep in mind not to remove the canvas from the frame. You should pack your artwork in its original form. Also, you should use a dry and clean soft cloth to remove the dust from the paintings.
- You should also take care about the type of plastic you are using to wrap your artwork. You should use non-acidic plastic wraps to wrap your paintings. If you use the plastic with acidic content, it may have serious reactions and can even ruin your artwork. Some bubble wraps have acidic content in their plastic so you should use quality plastic to wrap and pack your stuff. You can use Glassine paper to pack your items. It is a large size paper same as a wax paper and you can find it easily at any store.
- You have to buy a few stiff cardboard sheets to properly cover your paintings from outside (back & front) to save them from any damage at the time of packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking. You can also use of Styrofoam sheet to cover your L-shaped items to protect their corners. You may need a heated knife to cut this sheet in shapes. You have to cut the pieces properly so they can protect the corners very well. Now your artwork is packed in a single wrap and if you want extra protection then do a double wrapping for your satisfaction.
Here we have a list of some important items that will be required for your precious artwork and antiques.
- Cardboard Glass Box
- Bubble Wrap
- Packing Tape
- Stiff Cardboard
- Styrofoam Peanuts
- Packing Paper
- Non-Acidic Plastic Wrap
• Creating a list is also equally important before starting any packing during your moving process. You should make a list of your entire item on the basis of priority. You can pack yourself the simple items in home like clothes and beddings. And, if you have hired a team of professionals for this task then it would be a good idea if you leave that on professionals especially the delicate items like furniture, TV, Refrigerator, and other decorative artworks and antiques. Also, make sure to get your precious items insured before getting the service of moving company.
• It is important to check that you have the right material to pack your belongings. The supply of packing material is depending on the size and type of your items. If you have large paintings and mirrors, you need special packaging and picture boxes that will protect your paintings and mirrors, and other precious art work. You also need cushion corner protectors to protect your artwork in boxes. These protectors will help in preventing the damages to the corners. If you have some sculptures then you need standard material of packing like packing peanuts and bubble wrap. Now when all the things are pack in boxes, don’t forget to mark your box as “Delicate”.
There are a number of moving companies that specialized in moving the precious and expensive items like paintings, masterpieces, artworks, antiques, and other delicate items. With the help of professional movers you can move your antique statue, imported piano, and art-pieces by your favorite artists, safely without any damage. You only need to find a reliable and reputable moving company that are experienced and specialized in packing and moving such precious and expensive things. For more information on moving your artwork and antiques, visit our page. Here you will get all the information about your moving to your new place whether it is local or interstate. We are specialized in providing every bit of information that you need to search during you moving process.